Steel Toe Safety Boots- Advantages And Disadvantages
Safety boots become an important equipment in the working industry. People who are working with safety boots have understood the importance of wearing safety boots and have seen how it save them from many serious hazards. There are many types of boots available and you need to choose the best boot that suits your work environment and prevent you from workplace hazards.
Steel Toe Boots:
Steel toe boots opt as number one boot in market by people. They are mostly available in all shops and they do not cost much as other type boots. Steel toe boots designed first in history to prevent worker’s foot from all kind of harms. Though they are heavy-duty boots, they considered as trusty option to ensure safety.
The steel toe boots made from previous quality steel. These boots never and if find something too heavy material in its way on to your feet, the boots will never bend. The rumor that they can cut off your toes has also been dispelled on the Mythbusters show, ensuring that a peace of mind when wearing them.
Steel toe boots available in affordable prices and hence there is no need to worry about overpaying for boots of less quality. They do not need any special crafting and they can be bought everywhere and from any brand you like. Many of the top brands also have steel toe boots in addition to other types.
Steel toe boots avoided in places where worker works with high voltage electricity as steel does conduct electricity, it leads to severe accident when steel toe boots used in this workplace. They tend to be heavy which could lead to some fatigue when you are working.
- Imagine an object of around 50 pounds falling from 3 yards on your feet. It really hurts the worker’s feet a lot without safety shoe. Safety boots with steel toe caps can help you avoid such pain as they can withstand up to 75 pounds of falling pressure
- Steel toe boots are really affordable when compared to other safety shoes
- The steel will never break and will only bend, still protecting your toes from hazards.
- These shoes provide extra support to alleviate discomfort that might be caused due to prolonged standing on hard surfaces. Even when your work demands standing for long hours, these shoes provide support and improve the comfort level.
- Not only injuries from falling objects, a wide number of injuries prevented by wearing shoes with steel toe caps. Starting from injuries due to falls and slips to those from punctures and burns, a wide number of mishaps prevented.
- They are quite heavy and could lead to some fatigue
- Steel do conduct electricity hence, they are not used in workplaces of high voltage electricity.